" Century Fox Post"

'The Internet World Newspaper'
.
........
.
____________________

EDITOR'S DESK

Marilyn Monroe Almost Naked

Candice Swanpoel's Hot Body

Sizzling Celebrities!

First Indian To Bare For Playboy

Joanna Krupa's Sexy Car Wash

Crazy Fans Of Euro 2012

Pamela Anderson's Style Evolution

Top Detox Foods

'Rosie Huntington' Bra Mania

Meet The Sexy Kate Upton!

HOUSE OF THE WEEK

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Neil Armstrong Wrote A Letter Before He Died


SAN RAFAEL (CBS 5) — Three weeks before he died, legendary astronaut Neil Armstrong wrote a letter of encouragement to a San Rafael boy.
11-year-old Max Boddington of San Rafael wrote an essay named “When I Look at the Moon” two years ago, as he was trying to cope with the death of both of his parents.
11-year-old Max Boddington of San Rafael reads aloud his essay, "When I Look at the Moon." A copy was given to astronaut Neil Armstrong a few weeks before his death. (CBS)
11-year-old Max Boddington of San Rafael reads aloud his essay, “When I Look at the Moon.” A copy was given to astronaut Neil Armstrong a few weeks before his death. 
“Sometimes when I look up at the moon, I wonder if my Mom and Dad are watching me,” he wrote. “Space is a mystery, just like death. It can be dark and lonely, but it can be beautiful too.”
The essay ends with Boddington’s wish to meet Neil Armstrong, the first astronaut to walk on the moon, calling him “the world’s number one space hero.”
Max’s adoptive mom, Janet Boddington had an idea. “I said, ‘You know, I’m going to send it to Neil Armstrong. I’m going to find him and mail him a copy,’” she recalled.
On August 1st, three weeks before his death, Armstrong emailed his reply. He complimented Max’s writing and wished him good luck and success.
“I was just thrilled to receive it because he’s my hero too. He’s inspired a nation,” Janet Boddington said.
While Max greatly admires Armstrong and his accomplishments, his greatest inspiration may be standing right beside him.
“I couldn’t do anything without her, because all I need is her. Just to help me and stuff. And, like, make me succeed, just like Neil Armstrong did it,” he said.


EXPLORE:World News     Neil Armstrong     


Edited By Cen Fox Post Team

Hot Babes In Bikinis

"Foxy Megan"

Focus On Terrorism!

Who Won Round 2?

Students March In Madrid

'Today' Shows Staffers Split

Addicted To Exercise!